Friday 11 May 2018

Forget it I can never call you Aunty.....(Yoruba Culture)



Hello Mi Lovely Readers......

In Yoruba culture you address people older than you with respect, but they are some people, even your peer that add more years to their age to force and demand respect.
One would have thought respect should be earned and not demanded.  What are the factors you put into consideration aside age before addressing people as Aunty/Uncle, Brother etc.
Some aspect of the culture can be a bit tricky though, in the past I’ve found myself in a situation where I don’t know if I should call a lady Aunty or by her name.

Anyway, with the help of some Yoruba elders I’ve answered some questions I received in my DM at the time I first mentioned this subject on social media, please click above to watch video. 
To watch my other videos please click here…..
Don’t forget to subscribe please…
Feel free to leave a comment, suggestions and constructive criticism will be appreciated no foul language or bad belle, Lol!   

Thanks for watching



Ttk

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Its in fact amazing post, I have got much clear idea concerning from this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Informative, properly delivered love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Beautiful, love the subject. Delivered nicely

    ReplyDelete