Monday 6 June 2016

"Problem inspires me, people you look up to tell you why you should not go into music"- Ifeanyichukwu Kingsely Petwise Exclusive to Ttk

A talented upcoming gospel singer, graduates of Music and Mechanical Engineering and motivational speaker Ifeanyichukwu Kingsely also known as Petwise in this interview with Ttk talks about his journey into music, challenges, career, personal life and many more……… Please listen to his music when you continue
TTK: How old are you? 
Petwise: 28years Old

TTK: What is your stage name?
Petwise: Ifeanyichukwu Petwise

TTK: How do you come about the name Petwise or is that your real name?
Petwise: Yes is my real Name.

TTK: What is your real name not stage name?
Petwise: Ifeanyichukwu Kingsely

TTK: What part of Nigeria are you from?
Petwise: Imo State, Ideato North.

TTK: Any siblings? If yes how many? & what position are you?
Petwise: Three boys and one girl am the first

TTK: Where are your parents?
Petwise: Anambra State, Onitsha.

TTK: Any Musician in your family?
Petwise: No.

TTK: How was growing up like?
Petwise: Interesting and Fun

TTK: Where do you live?
Petwise: Ikorodo Lagos state.

TTK: Are you studying? If so which course?
Petwise: No, done with school. I read Music and Mechanical Engineering

TTK: What made you go into Music?
Petwise: I'm deeply in love with music and I have a great message for music lovers

TTK: Do you have an Album? If so, what is the Name of your Album?
Petwise: Yes i have. Supernatural is the name

TTK: Why is your album called Supernatural?
Petwise: I got that name from the recent encounter i had, something amazing and something above 
human understanding that transformed my mind and thoughts about life and God.

TTK: I listened to one of your single and I was impressed very nice! When do we expect any musical videos from you?
Petwise: Thank you very much, I am working seriously on my videos they will be out soon.

TTK: What is the name of your last single?
Petwise: Word Of God, is a gospel rap

TTK: How do we classify your music? Is it Fuji? Juju? Gospel? Etc
Petwise: I do Gospel.
TTK: Is your family in support of you going into music?

Petwise: Oh yes they are but partially. My siblings don’t have any problem with that except my parents.
TTK: Why does your parent have a problem with you going into music?
That was actually before, that they were so tough on me, like seeing me choosing a career contrary to their wish . Am among the kids that has parents who wants their child to actually choose a career they want or a career that is popular and also i have a mother who actually believes that musicians are wayward and all that so that was part of their fear in supporting me then when I first choose music as part of my career but today they are my motivators  and I thank God for that .

TTK: The music industry is so competitive how do you expect to stand out?
Petwise: Oh, firstly i do not believe in competition though is real. What I believe is that every one of us has something to offer, something unique so why looking at other people. It is only those who copy people that are into competition. My music style is different so likewise my audience are different.

TTK: How soon do we expect a musical video release from you?
Petwise: That should be few months from now.

TTK: What are the challenges you encountered in making the 13 track album?
Petwise: So many of them I must say. Especially people you look up to instead of them encouraging you, they walk up to you and start telling you all kinds of stories, maybe why you should not go into music not to talk of making album and stuff.
Another challenge also was finance because the time I was recording the album alone; I was also sponsoring a state youth conference program that was organized in my state but all the same is nothing. Success is not complete without challenges.

TTK: What are the challenges you face as an upcoming artist in Nigeria?
Petwise: I see no challenges but what I will say is that upcoming artists should know what they want, they should prepare very well off camera, they should be mentally sound and God fearing because nothing good comes so easy. The challenges we encounter is worth it because of where we are going to.
TTK: Any plan on touring or having a concert within Nigeria?
Petwise: Yes that is my major musical plan. The message behind my music is for the world not for particular set of people so I look forward hosting worship concert in different states within Nigeria.

TTK: Any plan on touring outside Nigeria?
Petwise: Yes, I will be going to Maryland, USA this September by his grace.

TTK: You are also a motivational speaker how did you achieve this?
Petwise: Smiles... Actually my speaking career started three years ago, it was a wonderful thing to me, so many things were involved, carrying the two along is so demanding and brain tasking. My first love is music because I started singing way back in high school so achieving these both is a thing to thank God for.  I am deeply in love with both right now and I have spoken on so many platforms and conferences and have sang in so many programs.

TTK: As a motivational speaker do you focus on a particular subject or general?
Petwise: No particular subject, General

TTK: Who inspire you?
Petwise: The holy-spirit inspire me

TTK: What inspire you?
Petwise: Problem inspires me. The more I encounter problems in our societies, the more eager I become to look for solution. Like I do tell people that without problems no man will become great. When we become problem solvers we become great. À great man once said, if you want more money look for more problems to solve.

TTK: Best Musician?
Petwise: Everyone has his best, we all are best in our patterns but I like Frank Edwards and Asa

TTK: Do you watch Nollywood movies?
Petwise: Yes I do but sometimes

TTK: If so, who is your favourite actor/actress?
Petwise: Actor Majid Michael and Actress Mercy Johnson

TTK: Best Food?
Petwise: Beans and plantain

TTK: Are you Single? Married?
Petwise: I'm single

TTK: What are the qualities you look for in a lady?
Petwise: God-fearing, Smart and pretty

TTK: Any Kids?
Petwise: No

TTK: Happiest day so far?
Petwise: Smiles... The day one of my singles was nominated among the best Top10 African upcoming artist in UK (Africa4u)

TTK: Most Embarrassing moment?
Petwise: The day I organised my first empowerment seminar in Lagos and only two people came

TTK: Saddest day?
Petwise: The day I lost a friend

TTK: Best life philosophy quotes?
Petwise: You can, Yes you can but only if you believe you can

8 comments:

  1. Sound like a cool guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow glory be to God in the highest place.This guy is a bless to this generation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow glory be to God in the highest place.this guy is a chosen blessing to our generation

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is WELL..Amazing and very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is WELL..Amazing and very INSPIRING

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is WELL..AMAZING and very INSPIRING..So proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is WELL..AMAZING and so INSPIRING..So proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are BLESSED..Favoured and Empowered..Grace is with you

    ReplyDelete