Monday 19 October 2015

“People rarely believe in dreams in Nigeria they just preach it” – Adesoga Bisuga - Exclusive To TTK

Law graduate Adesoga Bisuga popularly known as TRAIN, is an upcoming talented Nigerian rapper and singer who opened up to TTK in this exclusive interview about his career, life and challenges one face as an upcoming artist in Nigeria.

Please read……………………………………………….
TTK: How old are you?
TRAIN: 34

TTK: What is your stage name?
TRAIN: TRAIN

TTK: How do you come about the name TRAIN Mr RUMBA?
TRAIN: Well, my stage name TRAIN was inspired by my core nature of being unstoppbale in thgs l pursue wit my heart. And it’s also an acronym for True RAp INcorporated, as l am a natural rapper. Mr RUMBA came from d name of my hit single - #Rumba

TTK: What is your real name not stage name?
TRAIN: Adesoga Bisuga

TTK: Why ‘TRAIN Mr RUMBA.?
TRAIN: A Train is truly unstoppable, and carries with itself so many people. and that's what l am honestly about, and aspiring to achieve. To grow with ma'#TeaMTRAIN peeps to heights. My first track was a rap titled 'Unstoppbale'

TTK: What part of Nigeria are you from?
TRAIN: Ogun State

TTK: Any siblings? If yes how many? & what position re you?
TRAIN: A large family of 13. I am the 8th.

TTK: Are you from a polygamous family? Or the 13 is a production of just Mum and Dad?
TRAIN: Polygamous.  I'm from 2nd wife.

TTK: Where are your parents?
TRAIN: Ogun State

TTK: Any Musician in your family?
TRAIN: No, but a lot of singers. We have about 5 Choir-members

TTK: How was growing up like?
TRAIN: Well, that’s a lot to talk about, but something runs through all of it, my life journey in Mayflower Secondary School, ikenne, shaped my life. I grew up depending on myself mostly,my parents nd ultimately God Almighty. Growing-up was simply "Man-ing up" most of d time. Being d 1st child of my mother's placed me in a role-model kind of position.

TTK: Where do you live? 
TRAIN: Surulere, Lagos

TTK: Are you studying? If so which course?
TRAIN: No.
 
TTK: Re you a graduate? If yes what did you study? 
TRAIN: Law.
 

TTK: What made you go into Music?
TRAIN: Truly, my inner self. I’ve always loved music deeply and I fed myself on it. I infact started music around my final years in Secondary School, when I wrote poetry and lyrics for competitions and for my choir friends respectively. I succumbed to my natural flair because l could no longer keep it bottled up.

TTK: Do you have an Album? If so, what is the Name of your Album?
TRAIN: Not yet. I have 5 singles: 3 raps,2 dance-tracks

TTK: So when do we expect one?
TRAIN: Most certainly in 2006, God-willing

TTK: What is the name of your last single?
TRAIN: #RUMBA

TTK: How do we classify your music? Is it Fuji? Juju? Gospel? Etc
TRAIN: Afro-Pop.

TTK: Is your family in support of you going into music?
TRAIN: Wholly.

TTK: The music industry is so competitive how do you expect to stand out?
TRAIN: By totally being me. No two humans are d exact same, not even d P Square.! So, l mean to come with my innate ideas and concepts and deliver same in rap and song. Already, l rap and sing well I believe and that is a stand-out to some measure
 
TTK: How soon do we expect another musical video release from you?
TRAIN: January 2016, by God's grace

TTK: What are the challenges you encountered in making the album/single?
TRAIN: Funds, for one. It was a solo effort most of d way.  Then people you need for different areas, from production through to promotion, usually turn out to do less than half of what they get paid for. Very disconcerting when you actually count on them.

TTK: What are the challenges you face as an upcoming artist in Nigeria?
TRAIN: First, unlike d Liverpool FC slogan, you most likely "always walk alone"! Here, people rarely believe in dreams (they just preach it) they believe in finished products. That fact alone has stumped and stunted d growth of many talented and gifted persons in the industry.

TTK: Any plan on touring or having a concert outside UK?
TRAIN: Sure, yea.

TTK: Who inspire you?
TRAIN: The Almighty God first, then people including DON JAZZY, A.Y Gharvy my younger bro, d great R.Kelly, timeless TuPac Amaru Shakur

TTK: What inspire you?
TRAIN: Quiet and serenity, Music, S*x which triggers brain activity and singing

TTK: Best Musician?
TRAIN: Wow..! That’s a hard one, but l must say my longest-lasting music influence was R.Kelly

TTK: Do you watch Nollywood movies?
TRAIN: Yea sure.
 

TTK: If so, who is your favourite actor/actress?
TRAIN: Another hard one there, but without categorising them, it’s gotta be Olu Jacobs for me.
TTK: Best Food?
TRAIN: Fried egg and plantain with Pap

TTK: Any plans of travelling out of Nigeria due to Music career?
TRAIN: Hopefully, Yes

 
TTK: Are you Single? Married?
TRAIN: Married
 
TTK: What are the qualities you look for in a lady?
TRAIN: Genuine love, Devotion and Respect

TTK: Any Kids?
TRAIN: Yes

TTK: Happiest day so far?
TRAIN: D day my other man,my 1st child, was born

TTK: Most Embarrassing moment?
TRAIN: Had a couple...couldn’t be sure.

TTK: Can you please think of one?
TRAIN: Well, I remember when I was going through d screening for d literary & debating society in Mayflower Secondary School I was asked to recite a rhyme.
I recited' Twinkle, Twinkle little star and of cause the class audience roared in insane laughter! I was embarrassed but I started writing poems after.

TTK: Saddest day?
TRAIN: D day my friend Wale Adams, passed on.

TTK: What’s your philosophy about life in general?
TRAIN: If it’s worth doing @ all, then it’s worth doing well.

TTK: Your Zodia sign? 
TRAIN: Taurus

 


6 comments:

  1. Woow. Brautiful interview, intellectual answers. Proud of u Train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any cds for market?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which kin combination bi egg, plaintain and pap, ewww

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can go thru dis again and again. Simply marvellous !

    ReplyDelete