Tuesday 20 October 2015

"Madam-too-much" – By K Jinadu

I was privileged to listen to the Redeem general overseer’s wife Pastor Mrs Foluke Adeboye popularly known as Mummy GO’s preaching at the everlasting arms ministries one Sunday.
My Aunty invited me to this special service in which Mummy GO talked about “prioritizing your life” a recent incident struck me as the woman of God also talked about hatred in the church, amongst women.

Mummy GO said she came from a family of love, where everybody eat together from the same tray; she did not experience hatred until she goes to church.

Situation and report of conflicts began to surface scenarios such as a Christian sister giving another sister dirty look, ignoring and not acknowledging greetings.   So much contempt among church goers as she referred to them.

I cannot agree any further as four Sundays ago, in church not everlasting arms ministries, during worship service my cousins came into the church.   There were four vacant seats on the row I sat which was the exact number they needed to sit on.

There was a medium size woman sitting on the same row as me, her eyebrow caught my attention as the eyebrow were thinner than the conventional look.  
The woman's headgear was beautifully tied, lifting up her face hiding every impending wrinkles that was about to surface, her blusher glows.

I will call her Madam-too-much, lol! she placed her handbag on one of the seats and a lady (Tobi) seated on that row said to Madam-too-much...
“Please ma can you remove your bag so that the teenager standing can sit down.”

I will call the teenager standing Bimpe.

"Tell her to go and sit elsewhere, I cannot remove my bag,” Madam-too-much retorted.

I thought she was joking even though it would be an expensive joke, so Tobi beckoned to Bimpe to come and sit down; Bimpe immediately made her way to the vacant seat.

"My bag must not touch the floor," Madam-too-much retorted IN CHURCH as Bimpe was about to sit-down, she almost pushed Bimpe to deter her from sitting then look her up and down and hissed.  

Madam-too-much place her right hand firmly on top of the bag.

I was astounded and angry at the same time but I controlled myself.

However, the service continued but I cannot get over what just happened, I covertly glanced at the bag to look at the brand maybe it was some kind of unprecedented expensive designer bag that must not touch the floor like everybody else; or maybe the bag was made out of diamond, even if!

To be honest that bag looked like a bag that was bought from Peckham five years ago, those who live in the UK will understand what I meant.  I will expatiate a little bit it’s like buying an inferior bag from Mushin Olosa.

Bimpe quickly make her way to another vacant seat, sitting far away from her family, people who were seated on the same row were angry as they murmured in accord.

Giving glory to the Lord he reigns giving glory..the choir began to sing.  The congregation joined the choir in singing.
The pastor's wife stood up and began to sway left and right, she stretched both hands towards the choir.

Another woman from the far right corner of the church stood up and began to dance too.
Suddenly Madam-too-much sprout up from her seat and began to dance twirling round in circles, her eyeballs  were raised up towards the church roof. 
Both Madam-too-much's hands seemed to bounces up and down as she also wiggled causing her waist to move with so much vigour.  

We could barely hear the choir singing as Madam-too-much's voice seemed to have overcome the others singing, even in her croaky voice.
What struck me about Madam-too-much was that she sang the loudest, making sanctimonious gesture. 


The church pastor mounted the rostrum and he said “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies……”
 “do good to those who hate you, Luke 2 v 27” Madam-too-much quickly joined in, she spoke loudly corresponding with the pastor to complete the bible verse.


“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matthew 5:44, the pastor continued and Madam-too-much spoke along the pastor spilling out every word as it was stated in the bible. 
Madam-too-much knew every scripture and verses in the bible, yet she acted in a very hostile manner, I felt like I was watching a Nollywood movie but this was a true story not fiction.
Then my mind drifted back to Mummy GO's preaching and subject which just confirm not only hatred but selfishness and hypocrisy's in the house of the Lord.
May God continue to anoint and bless the REAL men of God to continue to be useful to others.

3 comments:

  1. dem bokun for church, na today

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ain't see nothing yet only God knows the believer church tabi no church

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE IS SICK iN HER. HEAD U KNOW. NOT. FUNNY. AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete