Tuesday 27 October 2015

"I graduated from the street school, I had a dream...." - Don Drim Exclusive Interview To TTK

A determined, resilient, hard-working upcoming Nigerian singer in this interview with TTK talks about life,career and challenges one encountered trying to break through the music industry in Nigeria.

Pls Read and listen to music when you continue please…………………….
TTK: What is your real name not stage name?
Don Drim: Odukoya Olusegun

TTK: Which means? 
Don Drim: The name (Olusegun} connotes victory which means I was born to be successful and victorious against all odds

TTK: How old are you?
Don Drim: I was born on February, 14th 1991

TTK: What is your stage name?
Don Drim: Don Drim

TTK: How do you come about the name DON DRIM
Don Drim: I came about it through the dream i had when i was young

TTK: Do you mind sharing this dream please?
Don Drim: I had a dream that I would be able to accomplish my mission and touch d lives of people around positively through music

TTK: What part of Nigeria are you from?
Don Drim: Ogun State (Ijebu precisely)

TTK: Any siblings? If yes how many? and what position re you?
Don Drim: We are 4 Children and I’m the last born

TTK: Where are your parents?
Don Drim: They are late

TTK: May their soul continue to rest in peaceAny Musician in your family?
Don Drim: Yes my Grandmother. She used to sing cultural songs in the 90s

TTK: How was growing up like?
Don Drim: It was rough and tough cos I lost my parents at a tender age

TTK: Sorry to hear about your parent, how’ve you being able to cope and survive?
Don Drim: We've been surviving through hard-work and resilience. Thanks 4 your concern

TTK: Where do you live?
Don Drim: Lagos, Nigeria

TTK: Are you studying? If so which course?
Don Drim: No

TTK: Re you a graduate? If yes what did you study?
Don Drim: I graduated from the street school and it has taught me more than any lecturer

TTK: What do you mean street school?
Don Drim: Street school means Hustling thing, no higher institution due 2 lack of funds.

TTK: What made you go into Music?
Don Drim: It’s a calling cos I’m just naturally endowed

TTK: Do you have an Album? If so, what is the Name of your Album?
Don Drim: No

TTK: So when do we expect one?
Don Drim: Sooner rather than later

TTK: What is the name of your last single?
Don Drim: Buga and it was produced by Antras and mixed by B-myne

TTK: How do we classify your music? Is it Fuji? Juju? Gospel? Etc
Don Drim: Afro Hiphop

TTK: Is your family in support of you going into music?
Don Drim: Yes

TTK: The music industry is so competitive how do you expect to stand out?
Don Drim: My music and class would speak for me

TTK: How soon do we expect another musical video release from you?
Don Drim: Before the year runs to an end

TTK: What are the challenges you encountered in making the album/single?
Don Drim: That has to be financial aspect which I think is the bane for many up and coming Artistes like me

TTK: What are the challenges you face as an upcoming artist in Nigeria?
Don Drim: Lack of opportunity and bad structure

TTK: Any plan on touring or having a concert in Nigeria, Africa or UK?
Don Drim: There's no concrete plans on ground as regards to that yet.

TTK: Who inspire you?
Don Drim: Tuface, Sizzla, Jimmy Cliff, New Edition, Bob Marley, King Sunny Ade, Sir Shina Peters and Kwam1

TTK: What inspire you?
Don Drim: The environment i find myself

TTK: Best Musician?
Don Drim: 2Baba, Tuface

TTK: Do you watch Nollywood movies?
Don Drim: Yes
TTK: If so, who is your favourite actor/actress?
Don Drim: Odunlade Adekola and Mercy Johnson

TTK: Best Food?
Don Drim: Beans and bread

TTK: Any plans of travelling out of Nigeria due to Music career?
Don Drim: Yes

TTK: Are you Single? Married?
Don Drim: Yes I got married to my music lol

TTK: What are the qualities you look for in a lady?
Don Drim: Good character, simplicity and comportment

TTK: Any Kids?
Don Drim: No

TTK: Happiest day so far?
Don Drim: That has to be when I shot my first video

TTK: Most Embarrassing moment?
Don Drim: It has to be at Jimmy Jump Off, they bounced me and Side One on that fateful day
TTK: Which fateful day?
Don Drim: At Jimmy Jump off programme

TTK: Saddest day?
Don Drim: That was when I lost my Mum

TTK: What’s your philosophy about life in general?
Don Drim: Life is not a bed of roses and with determination and hard-work you can achieve anything (Hard-work payz)

TTK: Your Zodiac sign?
Don Drim: Aquarian

TTK: Where you hope to be in another five years?
Don Drim: Bigger and better and beyond and above







7 comments:

  1. Nice Interview Ttk. Don Drim your music is cool, keep it up, it surely going to happen for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music is not bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds grounded, goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive Don Drim keep up

    ReplyDelete
  6. the music is amazing keep it up

    ReplyDelete