Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Beauty Of Creatures Co-habiting With Humans Watch Video!!!

Still on the Cancun matter! Lol! The idea of living in the same resort with animals that are not caged or segregated from humans fascinates me; I have never seen anything like it but it was a good experience.  

I must confessed that over a period of time I develop affection for exotic animals but my love for animals is conditional, I like them from afar, admire the beauty of nature, of creatures, like to see them move, crawl, squeaks, cries, reach for food but I forbid any kind of animal in my house, Lol!  

Moi, so sunny I became very dark overnight
It’s mandatory to walk on the pavement only, according to the signs displayed for pedestrian; next to the pavement everywhere within the resort was a land overlaid with natural green grass, out of curiosity I asked the hotel workers why I cannot walk on the grass? They said there are snakes in the grass but they won’t hurt me if I don’t step on them so walk on the pavement only.



When I visited Playa de Carmen in Cancun there were men with snakes everywhere another source of attraction for the tourist and a source of income for the snake men.  As you can see in the video, I was too scared to move close to the snake as he did everything within his power to convinced me to put the snake round my neck and snap with it.  Yours truly blogger was too scared, a part of me wanted to because I sometimes like adventure then my intuition which was the stronger voice told me "what if the snakes become hungry and decided to have me for lunch when I put it round my neck" Lol! Moi says no.
Iguana, an animal I’ve never seen or heard off in my something, something years in life wink! (I am still young Lol!)  
One morning hubby decided to exercise, to go for a brisk walk I advised him against it because we had just arrived in the hotel and we are not familiar with the area yet but he insisted. About thirty minutes later he came back running banging the door, sweating and gasping for breath. What happened? “Later” he said.

During breakfast hubby told me he spotted something that look like a big lizard (above pic is iguana, snapped at the hotel) and suddenly this creature lifted his head and began to creep towards him, he walked faster and this animal increased its pace, then he ran as fast as he could back to the room and this creature simultaneously slithered as it leaped rapidly aswell.  I chuckled, can’t stop laughing as I imagined him running consumed with fear.  

We later discovered as I spotted them around the hotel that when they come out to sun bathe avoid them because sometimes they think you are coming into their territory which they forbid anyone aside their specie.

Within the hotel was a pond with crocodiles they sometimes come out when you least expected them to they love the sun as well as the water.  Just after lunch I was making my way to the room and I spotted this massive Crocodile (I pick race Lol!) one of the worker said is the Mum to another croc so I immediately named it Mummy crocodile. 

So one sunny afternoon I decided to pay them a visit but Mummy Crocodile refused to come out of it hidden place, I was so disappointed.

The boldest of them all is the Coatis another animal I have never seen in my life until I travelled.  They look like cats but are bigger and wild; one cannot keep them as pet. Again the rules are if you do not touch them they won’t hurt you.   

I say bold because they love food so they have the audacity at night to come outside the room door to pick at trays and eats food remnant left outside the door.   As you can see in the video they decided to feast on the tree right opposite the rooms in the afternoon.

All the above animals are wild animals that belongs in the bush far away from humans but I find in some part of the world is possible to live with them provided you go about your business without interfering with one another.  I find it eerie at first but I must confess it's gives the vicinity an ambience of beauty, nature and tranquillity.


The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2 comments:

  1. Kemi you and all this ebola animals God help you.

    ReplyDelete